Dual Services Manager- Teesside Park
Our values and behaviours
Respect - This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another.
Collaboration - This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team!
Integrity - This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on promises.
Innovation - This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time it’s about embracing change.
Excellence - This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
Trust - This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
Main purpose of the role:
As the Dual Services Manager you will be required to manage the delivery of the Security, Cleaning, Maintenance and Landscaping contracts to the standards required of both ABM and British Land.
Both internally and externally you will be required to ensure that the site, Management Centre, all public areas including all associated service yards/roads, toilets, common areas and back of house areas are fully secured and cleaned to a level of service which exceeds the client’s expectations and are safe through a planned and proactive management program.
ABM Services operate in an honest and integral manner, meeting our clients’ demands in the best way possible. We concentrate on putting people first – our employees and our customers. We believe in being open about what we do and how we do it. We are passionate about getting things right first time and delivering value for money. We also concentrate on getting the job done to the highest standard and everything we do is backed up by the quality of our service, our proactive relationship with the client, the creativity of our ideas and the direct approach we take.
To manage the delivery of the contract in line with company policies and procedures
- Manage all aspects of the ABM colleagues including, training, H & S, development and welfare at work
- Ensure all licences and vetting for security teams are in place and updated accordingly
- Build and maintain a team that has the skills and diversity to deliver their tasks ensuring that they have the tools to do the job
- Complete budget forecasts and manage all costs tracking expenditure to meet budgets and match P & L forecasts using the budget tracker documents
- Ensure high standards are achieved at all times, being flexible to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure continuous improvement and best practice are continually delivered
- Provide professional support to the business in service related matters and to the client in all contract matters
- To control the delivery of the staff rosters, completion of payroll and correct manning levels ensuring compliance is maintained at all times
- Lead and advise the team in managing absence and holiday records including sickness and annual leave for all site staff
- •Carry out daily centre audits to ensure high standards of cleanliness and a safe/secure environment is evident throughout the centre at all times
- Manage recruitment, induction training, developing and retraining of staff, to include customer service training
- Ensuring all staff employed by ABM are competent to carry out their role
- Ensure adequate quality performance measures (KPI’s/SLA’s) are adhered to and any non-compliance is resolved in a professional manner with clear plans and next steps visible to all
- Conduct quality audits to ensure service delivery adheres to the requirements of ISO9001 and that outcome achieves / exceeds client requirements
- To plan any training required as soon as is practicable on identification of any needs and plot onto a training matrix •Undertake “Out of Hours” site visits
- Prioritize all incidents ensuring all key personnel are kept fully informed at all times
- Ensure strict compliance to the Data Protection Act and associated regulations
- Deliver excellent leadership, communication and motivation to the site based team including communicating on a daily basis so that a sound communication channel exists in order that team goals can be achieved
- Ensure objectives, performance reviews and Toolbox Talks are completed on a monthly basis
- Lead the team in the identification of training needs and ensure accurate site records are maintained at all times
- Ensure any night/pm activity is correctly supervised and measured
- Provide weekend Duty cover as required by the client
- Manage the incident and accident reporting procedures
- Ensure all assignment instructions and risk assessments are updated and meet the needs of the site specifics
- Complete all company paperwork as required
- Conduct return to work interviews and perform absence management processes as required
- Ensure all team members carry out their duties in a correct and timely manner in accordance with the cleaning specification and to BICS standards
- Support the client’s environmental objectives
- Manage maintenance activities and the correct/safe usage of all equipment on site ensuring any faults are reported and resolved as a matter of priority, keeping the client informed at all times
- Correct usage of cleaning chemicals in line with COSHH regulations, ensuring minimal waste and sufficient stocks are always maintained in conjunction with the client.
- Ensure all team members are familiar with and adhere to the company’s & client’s onsite health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure sufficient staff and equipment are available to meet all events requirements
- Ensure regular communication and engagement sessions are in place to inform all (including the centre management) of all relevant information
- Ensure welfare needs of all team members are addressed in a prompt and expedient way obtaining advice and guidance in line with ABM policy and procedures
- Foster and maintain excellent relationships with all parties on site including occupiers,
- Ensure we maintain a “one team” approach with the centre management team
- All items of expenditure are to be either agreed and approved by the client in an open book format
- Ensure that all administration requirements of the client are met correctly
- Attend the monthly management meeting with Centre Management and ABM General Manager.
- Promote the ABM and Client brand at all times
- Undertake any reasonable duties as requested to meet the needs of the client and ABM Support Services
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively, with a wide range of audiences including clients, carers, staff and other professionals.
- Ability to compile clear and concise written reports.
- Budget management skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage resources.
- Leadership skills which will include the ability to effectively manage change.
- Computer skills, specifically in relation to using Outlook and Word.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Sound Leadership skills
- Good Communication skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Ability to show initiative and responsibility
- IOSH Qualification
- Security Qualified (SIA) and Knowledge of industry best practice
- Aptitude to receive and deliver training effectively
- Deal with customers internally and externally
- Be able to take responsibility
- Good working Knowledge of Cleaning & Support Service Industry
- Experience of Security Services is preferred but not essential
- High Level of Numeracy
- Flexible approach
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times:
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Saturday, June 5th, 2021